Q. What are the components of a Solar power plant?
Generally, a Solar power plant consists of the following components:
- Solar Panels: For converting energy in Sun rays into Electrical energy (DC power)
- Solar inverter: For converting DC electricity into usable AC power (230V-50Hz)
- Batteries: To store electrical energy for use when Sun is not shining
- Mounting Structure: Holds the PV panels at particular inclination and direction for maximum efficiency
- Balance of System (BoS): Includes junction boxes, MCB, connectors, lightening protection etc.